Africa Choice

Click On The REGISTER Button Below To Sign Up For FREE!

Today Is Ash Wednesday, Make Peace With God In Repentance From Sins

Bassey

Dear friends, God is love, as we enter the period of lent remember this is the best time to make peace with God and repents from sins, beloved and let love lead among all humanity

Ash Wednesday.jpg

Today mark the beginning of lent called Ash Wednesday, 46 days before Easter Sunday that mostly fall on different dates each year in conjunction with the fluctuating dates of EASTER

Just this morning as I drive down to work, I saw a lot of people with a cross marked from ash on their Forehead, these are mostly Christians, possible from Roman Catholic churches all over the world

While Ash Wednesday is observed by fasting and abstinence from NOT eating meat and more important a call for repentance from evil, sins, and death, to one uniting back with God the Father, The Son, and The Holy Spirit in one Blessed Trinity

It is also a day of contemplating one's transgressions, choosing good over evil, partaking in righteousness over sins, reuniting with our creators, and trying to abide by his laws and teachings

In all, is a day that reminds all humanity according to Roman Catholic teaches, that all humans come from dust, and dust all humans will surely return

Ash Wednesday is the first day of Lent, 40 days of fasting and repentance in preparation for Easter. It is named for the ash that is smeared on the forehead as a sign of repentance.

The ashes are made from the burned palm branches from the previous year's Palm Sunday. The following day is Good Friday, commemorating the death of Christ. The Good Friday liturgy includes a procession to the Holy Sepulchre Church.

The first day of Easter falls on the Sunday after the full moon that marks the end of Lent.

Ash Wednesday is a Christian holy day that opens the 40 days lent period and a fall of 46 days before Easter Sunday. It commemorates the day Jesus Christ was baptized and began his ministry.

On Ash Wednesday, devout Christians receive ashes on their foreheads in the shape of a cross. The ashes are a reminder of human frailty and repentance. During Lent, followers of the Christian faith abstain from eating meat, drinking alcohol, smoking, and best living a holy life.

Ashe Wednesday which opens of to lent period remain a major event in the history of Jerusalem is the Jewish revolt against the Romans in 66-73 C.E and today a global event to all Christian around the world

Ash Wednesday symbolizes a start and the first day of Lent, forty days of fasting and repentance in the Christian liturgical calendar.

It falls on the week before Easter and marks the beginning of the season of Lent. On Ash Wednesday, ashes are blessed and distributed to Christians who come to church.

As we mark today ash Wednesday, remember the ashes are made from the burning of palm branches from the previous year's Palm Sunday and are a symbol of repentance

Bassey

Today is Ash Wednesday, the first day of Lent. For Christians, Lent is a time of repentance and reflection on our sins. It's a time to make peace with God and to prepare our hearts for Easter. This year, I'm choosing to repent from my sins and to make a commitment to living a more righteous life. I invite you to join me in this journey, and I pray that God will bless us all during Lent and Easter. Happy Ash Wednesday to all: