Africa Choice

Click On The REGISTER Button Below To Sign Up For FREE!

Meet Lydia Okojie Miss ECOWAS 2021, As She Shares Her Story

Watson

From West Africa Nigeria, Lydia Okojie, the current and reigning queen 'Miss ECOWAS 2021', an advocate of street child education got our attention with her humble beginning stories:

Lydia-Okojie-Miss-ECOWAS-2021,-world-forum-1.jpg

Brief About Lydia Okojie, Miss ECOWAS:
She is a Model, from Africa Nigeria. with full names, LYDIA ESEOGHENE OKOJIE who also happens to be an Entrepreneur, a graduate with a BSc in Accounting Education

Being raised as a Christian and a lover of God's Words, She is a worker in the church serving God in the Choir department as a Praise leader and the media unit

As a Youth in the Church, She supports the ministry of Jesus Christ in her best way

Having gathered experience in Events planning, red carpet hosting, and Experiential marketing as a HAWKER, she now coordinates Event Staffs

She founded her own company
Lydia Okojie Tv
is a company that trains and provides professional individuals with skills regarding hosting Red carpet and becoming masters of ceremonies

Lydia Okojie cakes and event
She holds a certificate of training in Catering services

As a beauty queen of Current MISS ECOWAS NIGERIA 2021. she began her modeling career in the year 2016 after winning miss photogenic, back then in Edo state West Africa Nigeria, followed next top model, then miss Motivational in 2018, she made her way into the Entertainment industry, where she’s into skit content creation

She believes in giving and impacting lives, even with the little she has, she love sharing, this has made her a humanitarian, an act that gives her so much joy

Below Was The 'Interview' Transcript She Share With Ruby Girl.

Q1.
Tell us about your childhood. What was growing up like for you?

Answer: Firstly, I would like to appreciate this platform for having me. My childhood was an exciting one as both of my parents were disciplinarians. I was allowed to keep friends and being the first child I had to learn how to consider my siblings first before myself.

It was quite interesting but only a few persons associated themselves with me because of my family's financial status most of my classmates see me hawking in the market and sometimes won’t want to talk to me. I began hawking while I was in primary school

The very first female friend I tried to keep during my primary school was Elizabeth, she was as slim as I’m, then I had Esan too, as well Chidinma and Uwka who happens to be cousins and I help them out with washing dishes whenever I go hawking zobo, their mum had a restaurant after washing the dish, their mum will give me fufu and 'Oha' Africa native soup mixed with egusi soup… it was yummy then.

In my secondary school, I Had a few friends who were my friends maybe because I was the class prefect and social prefect. My secondary education was quite cool and I started working for someone at age 17 being a salesgirl at a boutique after WRITING my WAEC

The part I enjoyed more in my childhood is falling in love with God at a young age. I spent most of my time being in God’s presence, attending choir rehearsal and my parents were very supportive. I think it is what they wanted because they would prefer that I go to the church rather than visit anyone.

Both in good and worse times. One thing I learned from my parents while growing up was the attitude of “giving and caring for others”. I can recall my mum cooking and giving to our neighbors Each time there’s harvest in the church and plenty of rice was shared my mum will share it among the neighbors

This happened during my childhood and I adapted, I could recall sharing my foodstuff with friends in school that didn’t have and sometimes giving out cash in my little ways. My childhood taught me the principle of giving I’ll say I enjoyed my childhood.

Q2.Any childhood ambition or aspiration nursed by you?

Answer: I have always wanted to be an independent woman, an entrepreneur, and a great leader. I've always wanted to be a role model, I believe so much in giving and I’ve always prayed to be a giver and the grace to touch the lives of everyone that deserves to be happy.

Lydia-Okojie-Miss-ECOWAS-2021,-worldfroum-2.jpg

Q3. What motivated the launch of Lydia Okojie Tv

Answer: A will of God + my love for hosting TV Shows, Events, and entertainment in general

The feelings were true and I couldn’t resist them. as a reigning beauty queen and I knew I can do a lot using the LYDIA OKOJIE TV platform but fear of FUNDS

Q4. ‎Was your decision to pursue modeling and was being a Beauty Queen supported by your close contacts?

Answer: (Smiles) Yes, my family, and few friends, my dad & mum has always supported me as long as I don’t make them regret it, at the earliest had no contacts, I had no sponsor but I had God

Only God can tell how I became the winner of MISS PHOTOGENIC 2015/16 because I only know I got the form for #1,000 then and the rest I can’t explain.

My dinner dress was Jumped my traditional dress (Ankara cocktail )outfits I used during the competition were given to me by Chidima elder sister, Though I was working I couldn’t have sponsored myself if not by His grace.

Q5. ‎What are the challenges young entrepreneurs in the fashion, modeling & entertainment world face and is there any specific one you encountered?

Answer: There are so many challenges that if you aren’t strong enough and determined in your career you could give up easily so, I’ll advise that whatever the challenge may encounter stay strong, focused, and believe in yourself

Some of the challenges I’m facing as an entrepreneur are: Mental stress: Being a young entrepreneur and managing a growing business is hard work.

It is not easy coping financially and employing people to relieve your stress of managing social media, attending to people calling for inquiries, graphic designing, etc

Q: So do all these by yourself?

Answer: Yes, I do everything myself for now and it’s stressful you know.

Office space: This is a major challenge that I need to sort as soon as possible because it’s affecting my business growth. Most people appreciate you more and feel safer doing business with you when they can meet you at a physical place that is comfortable and not just an online meeting.

Q6. What are the requirements or qualifications of a beauty queen?

Answer: For you to qualify as beauty queen you need to be intelligent, smart, bold, beautiful, self-confident and you need to trust God for the process and put him first

Lydia-Okojie-Miss-ECOWAS-2021,-world-forum-3.jpg

Q7. ‎What are the services Lydia Okojie Tv provide
LYDIA OKOJIE TV is incorporated with CAC, registered and well Certified and we offer the following services:

Rendering of hosting events, Providing well-trained professional models for brands, video shoots, and adverts. Providing well-trained Event Staff i.e Ushers, Bouncers, cartoon characters

Handling of Experiential marketing for brands for creating awareness and increase in sales made.

Q8. ‎Business principles life has taught you?

Answer: We are in the time where the business has changed and prices of thing in Nigeria has skyrocketed, It takes a passionate and determined person to do business because of the number of competitors in all businesses and

So I’ve learned to carve my business on quality service which is “Professionalism,” take advantage of every opportunity in promoting my business and build a great team

Last edited:

Watson

Q9. ‎ If you were to be the President of Nigeria, what are the changes you would effect?

Answer: Economic change. To ensure that those who hawk for their parents are given scholarships from primary to university, those street kids who can’t read nor write will be taught a skill and empowered

Women will take a lead role in a government position and make decisions, I could make women be governors in each state of Nigeria

Q10. Mention 3 women who inspire you and why?

Answer: Mrs. Florence Okojie that’s my mom. She is a virtuous woman, if you meet my mom you can’t help but call her mother because she will treat you like her own child. She is a mother that every child would want to have, she is so strong, she's independent, she’s beautiful in every aspect… I love you mum

The second woman that inspires me is Mrs. Optah Winfrey She is the kind of She makes ugly memories beautiful you will appreciate having and Oprah Winfrey in your life, I admire her so much she’s my mentor and yet so humble and she manages these roles excellently, I hope to meet her soon.

The third woman that inspires me is a famous Mitchelle Obama Aunty Kate Henshaw. I love the most real simplicity and support she gave her husband right from the time they met.

Q11. Where do you see yourself in the next 5 years?

Answer: (Laughs) In the next five years, I see myself fulfilled.

Q12. If you were allowed to address a group of girls five years younger than you, what will be your advice to them?

Answer: Ladies, my advice to them is they don’t be desperate, learn a skill if you’re not schooled even if you’re, they should ask to learn more than cut corners take one step at a time, seek God first in everything, be a good woman for yourself, your Society and your generation unborn

Also, Watch below A Video clip Lydia Okojie granted after she won the Miss ECOWAS: Below
Video Coming Soon. Stay Tuned. From all of us World Forum, Global community platform for all nations, building a better world for all