Africa Choice

Click On The REGISTER Button Below To Sign Up For FREE!

Discussing marriage and money

Icon

Marriage and money.

There is no "my" money, "his" money or "her" money in a successful marriage.

Regardless of who does or doesn't work or who brings the most money; the successfully married pool their money together, plan together, budget together, tithe together, give together, spend together & save together.

Watson

Seriously you are right, where there is no ''my'' money in marriage, if the opposite is the case. is bad how people ends up judging the man by saying he is poor. The husband man is poor. Single handling the husband out, calling him out for being poor. But if he has money, it becomes our money. lol

Just as you previous thread read. ''Let go for money'' I thinks is good that both the woman and wan understand the role of money in marriage and take equal responsibilities

Though when it comes to marriage and money, to me is important to discuss money's role in our marriages and the need for both partners to know and understand the role they are suppose to play as supportive partners

The issues of money should be balance, not just be left or presume is the man's duty to provide financially for the family, I think the woman also has role to play here

Marriage is often seen as a financial partnership, and in many ways, it is. But when it comes to money both partners have their role to play, by so doing it will not be the sole responsibility of the man alone

While there are a lot of different perspectives on how marriage and money should mix, the above point is just my opinion on the matter. When it comes to money, I understand that marriage can be a touchy subject and people have right to their opinion

That many couples choose not to discuss their finances with one another, which can lead to problems down the road. It's important to be on the same page when it comes to your finances, especially if you're married, discussing the role of money in marriage with your partners to me is much better.... Thanks for sharing @Icon

mrwil65

My take on the money situation is that when I was married with a daughter, it was not about me, it was more about commitment. The money wasn't a way of saying "my way", it was more of trust, and responsibility. I'm not the type to marry/date anyone for their money I'm there for them and what I'm responsible as a model, as a Christian and adult.

Watson

it was more of trust, and responsibility
Yes that should be the way, marriage should be all about love, trust, then the man accepting and taking up his responsibilities, same goes to the woman, both has responsibilities to play. But these days, the marriage union seems to have changed, with more people looking toward the direction of money and money alone.

Cheers @mrwil65

mrwil65

Yes that should be the way, marriage should be all about love, trust, then the man accepting and taking up his responsibilities, same goes to the woman, both has responsibilities to play. But these days, the marriage union seems to have changed, with more people looking toward the direction of money and money alone.

Cheers @mrwil65
This is so true . That is why there are numerous divorces and mistrust. I really send kudos to our new member @Icon who really made the best post of the day.

Admin4

Administrator
Seriously you are right, where there is no ''my'' money in marriage, if the opposite is the case. is bad how people ends up judging the man by saying he is poor. The husband man is poor. Single handling the husband out, calling him out for being poor. But if he has money, it becomes our money. lol

Just as you previous thread read. ''Let go for money'' I thinks is good that both the woman and wan understand the role of money in marriage and take equal responsibilities

Though when it comes to marriage and money, to me is important to discuss money's role in our marriages and the need for both partners to know and understand the role they are suppose to play as supportive partners

The issues of money should be balance, not just be left or presume is the man's duty to provide financially for the family, I think the woman also has role to play here

Marriage is often seen as a financial partnership, and in many ways, it is. But when it comes to money both partners have their role to play, by so doing it will not be the sole responsibility of the man alone

While there are a lot of different perspectives on how marriage and money should mix, the above point is just my opinion on the matter. When it comes to money, I understand that marriage can be a touchy subject and people have right to their opinion

That many couples choose not to discuss their finances with one another, which can lead to problems down the road. It's important to be on the same page when it comes to your finances, especially if you're married, discussing the role of money in marriage with your partners to me is much better.... Thanks for sharing @Icon
You are always on point... And big Congrats @Icon for creating such an interesting thread..

Thanks to all..