Africa Choice

Click On The REGISTER Button Below To Sign Up For FREE!

Why Covering The White House Makes You More Humble: Joe Amadi

Joe

So in my overall experience covering the White House makes you more humble, not more arrogant, not prideful but pure humble to humanity and how things are done here

I will explain why. Covering the White Houses Makes You More Humble:
For those who are not aware, the White House is beautiful and everything in it is so beautiful. The White House is one of the most recognizable landmarks in the United States, if not across the Globe

Here every day, it is photographed, video clips and covered by reporters from all over the world. However, for some reporters, covering the White House is a humbling experience

It's also the house where the most powerful man in the world lives, The man is the president United States Of America, he can change the course of history with his pen and within just some minutes the effect is everywhere

But as you watch closely, you begin to realize that there are also far too many responsibilities here. For instance, you notice that the most powerful man in the world does not have any privacy, he is being watched 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, with zero no privacy

In the case of the current President Joe Biden, he cannot go anywhere without the cameras following him, he cannot even walk his dog or play with his grandchildren outside without someone watching, he cannot just go to a restaurant or the mountains for a meal and a hike, in all he can not live his life just like every other person

When he does go outside with the cameras on him, everything is scrutinized, from the wears he put on, to the ice cream he bought to how much it all cost and the time he spends wearing his shoe and all that, everything about him are being fully watched

He cannot even talk like everyone else and say things like '' hello love'' ''holy sh*t'' '‘What the Fu*k is going on?“ he even have to be very watchful on how he demonstrated and wave his hands to the public

There are some kind words he may use and people will say, how indecent and how unpresidential he is! But left alone, that’s how many people talk in real life.

Besides, when things seem to go well within the United States, as war breaks out in Russia Ukraine countries in Europe, Ethiopia in Africa and people start citing world war 3 is so close, closer than ever, what is the white house doing to stop or prevent the war

And everyone asks what is the President doing? Meaning, what is the President of the United States doing? he needs to act fast, he has the world power, he needs to save lives and properties by going after the bad guys causing war, bombing innocent lives and properties in Ukraine and Ethiopia Tigray region

As that goes on and on, and keeps going, while the crisis erupts in both Ukraine and Ethiopia’s Tigray region, the world asks, where is the President of the United States? he is indeed a weak president and does not deserve to be in such position. In other news, you read and watch on tv, as you focus on the crisis in northern Ethiopia, you come across new headlines that read

A New Strain of COVID-19 Emerges in South Africa or China and As a reporter, the media press will begin to ask what is the White house doing, what are they saying about the new strain of virus. that during our press briefings, what is the United States doing will remain the paramount, what is the White House saying remain the top questions

As an africa reporter, my focus will be on Africa tier with the United states, then you remember how the vaccination process across Africa has been low, then I ask is the White House going to let these people die when you have the vaccine to send across to Africa Nations?

It’s pressure from all sides!!! are all human life not equal, why are African countries not meeting up and the global media houses not reporting the Ethiopia war just as they are spreading the news of the Ukraine war?, please why this and why that, I'm curious to find answers

Then you come to realize that, there is no country in the world like the United States and no presidency like the President of the United States who lives in the White House.

Covering The White House Makes You More Humble.jpg

Here in the White House, United States, we have so many background calls on so many issues, from planet earth to outer space, that it’s almost impossible to imagine come to talk of describing, but yet they are all happening around us.

In all of that, the responsibilities fall on the shoulders of the President of the United States, indeed the presidency wears a lot of responsibilities with other prominent personals and professions working day and night to ensure that all rising issues are best handled amicably

By every means, necessary, good or bad, the presidency is faced with scrutiny and criticisms, and condemnations. It’s a tough job! As I watch it all, read it all and experience more in real sense, and join others to ask all those tough questions at the White House press briefing. I often ask myself, is it worth it to be President of the United States if this is what you have to go through as a leader all day and night long?

I do not have an answer yet! possibly still looking for the best answer, maybe I will attempt one in my yet to be released book, at the meantime. Here are three things that I have learned while reporting from the White House:

1: The White House is a huge and busy place. It takes a lot of resources to run it and reporters were impressed by how well-organized it was.

2: Covering the White House in the United States makes you more humble. It's not about the proximity to powerful people and the opportunities that come with it, but the awareness of how small your voice is in the grand scheme of things.

3: The reporters who cover the White House must be knowledgeable, but they must also be humble. They must not only know their facts but also know when to back down and let someone else speak.

They must also be able to put themselves in the shoes of the president, first lady, the United States and the world at large and think about what they would want to be reported

Here at the White house humanity comes first before any other things, it is interesting how things are done here which will make you more humble as a human.

Do you like the thread? Now Click Here To Join The Worldforumlive and become a voice to your community, be a voice to your country and also read more breaking news around the world, Click Here To Join The World Forum and be able to create your own post, thread, ask question, comments and join the discussion

Watson

Thanks Joe

For all that you have been doing for us all @Worldforumlive

Thanks alot,

Have read this you thread over and over, such a wonderful thread and i most confessed to you, being humble, huminity to the core is one things am learning to, Just to love my follow humans, contribute in making the wolrd a better place and live happily after. Thanks Joe and stay safe. Please check your DM.