Africa Choice

Click On The REGISTER Button Below To Sign Up For FREE!

What You Need To Know About Writing Codes On Paper (The University Days)

Watson

Writing code on paper can be a great way to practice coding skills, work through problems, or plan out a project before committing it to the computer.

While from my personal experience, there is nothing wrong with one writing codes on paper, in fact back in our University days, we do write code on paper, answer code questions during exams on paper

Writing codes on paper is an essential part of many programmers' lifestyles, great toolkits, and can help ensure that code written for computers is well thought-out. To get the most out of this form of writing code, it's important to understand the different types of codes used and how these codes should be organized.

If you are a University Computer Science student, you will agree with me that we all write codes on paper, right? This is one useful way of assessing if we as students understand without the aid of an IDE.

Writing-Codes-On-Paper.jpg

So When I See People Ask( Can I Write Code On Paper)?

My answer has always been yes. Yes, you can write codes on paper. You don't just write codes on a computer system or mobile devices alone, it's normal to write codes on paper

There is nothing wrong with that, this also makes you remember day-to-day codes, Ex: I can write code on paper to later read/write from a computer, to file, then convert string to int, and vice versa. I don’t need google for that am consistently writing codes on paper and this has helpful

Yes We Wrote Code On Paper At The University

It's important that you know, to date 2022, Students still write code on paper at the university, back then, we wrote code by hand for the concept or idea for the code and clarity. starting with

• -Title and description
  • -Declaration of variables
  • -Functions
  • -Logic flow
  • etc.

It’s part of the planning process. Not handwriting the detail, but defining variables necessary, defining functions to increase efficiency, and thinking through the logic flow.

I have written tons of programs on paper since my early days of learning to program. This is not just me alone, but also those with very little access to actual computers normally write code on paper, it is a good way to learn, exercise the brain, and practice useful skills later on. Back then in the university, my teacher said that he mostly evaluates the thought process we had when doing the test on paper for programming language paradigms

That even if the code wouldn't work, he recognized that the way he was testing us made some sense. As long as they recognize that we have an understanding of the logic of what we have to do, the codes written on paper are valid

Lastly:
is important that you know, that writing code on the computer can make our programming career easier, some times is good for developers to write code on paper just to see how hard it is without a modern GUI and debuggers. Hope this thread has answered your question ''Can It Write Code On Paper etc'' should you are among those asking this type of question

Join this great platform, Sign Up or Log in with your user account, Worldforumlive is an open forum for all irrespective of your nationality, Read more threads, Log in and create your thread, start a topic, post articles and leverage the Marketplace and many more