Africa Choice

Click On The REGISTER Button Below To Sign Up For FREE!

This Happened Decades Ago When There Was No Internet

Joe

In decades past is so hard to get your voice heard, is so hard to get your articles published in some newspaper, announced on the radio station, or broadcast on television

It was so hard telling your story to the world when compared to what we have today. The Digital world with multiple social media platforms, online newspapers, websites, and blogs.

Twitter community notes, SOSO, shorts, live streams down to leveraging this platform world socio... Today technology has made it so easier for our voices to be heard all around the world

It will interest you how a young man in the early 19th century in London, he was aspired to be a writer, but everything seemed to be against him, first he was so poor and can't write

Because he had never been able to attend school for more than four years. His father had been flung into jail because he couldn't pay his debts, and this young man often knew the pangs of hunger day in and day out

Finally, he got a job pasting labels on bottles of blacking in a rat-infested warehouse, and he slept at night in a dismal attic room with two other boys - gutter snipes from the slums of London.

While he aspire to be a writer, he had so little confidence in his ability to write that he sneaked out and mailed his first manuscript in the dead of night, so nobody would laugh at him.

Story after story he wrote was all refused. Finally, the great day came when one was accepted. True, he wasn't paid a shilling for it, but one editor had praised him. One editor had given him recognition. He was so thrilled that he wandered around the streets with tears rolling down his cheeks.

The praise and the recognition that he received through getting one story in print changed his whole life. For if it hadn't been for that encouragement, he might have spent his entire life working in rat-infested factories.

You may have heard of that boy. His name was the great Charles Dickens, (an English writer and social critic who created some of the world's best-known fictional characters and is regarded by many as the greatest novelist of the Victorian era), Dale Carnegie introduced in his spectacular book, 'How to Win Friends and Influence People.'

Yesterday I was told by the Admin of Worldforumlive.com that the platform will soon be moving to worldSocio.com, First I was glad, the new brand domain looks shorter, so am already loving it, and my support, and encourage is with this great platform today, tomorrow and years to come.

Hope you enjoyed this thread "This Happened Decades Ago When There Was No Internet" If you have been reading my thread how and you are yet to Join this platform kindly Sign Up here is 100% free @Joe loving it that Worldforumlive.com is moving to worldSocio.com