Africa Choice

Click On The REGISTER Button Below To Sign Up For FREE!

The War Between OpenAI And Microsoft Took A Dramatic Turn

Watson

Earlier today, being Wednesday, the war between OpenAI and Microsoft has taken an even more dramatic turn. Surprisingly

OpenAI announced that Sam Altman will return to OpenAI as CEO after the board removed him from the position last week Friday and in less than 24 hours Microsoft offered to employ him Saturday.

Recall that on Saturday, I wrote, "OpenAI's board announced that Sam Altman (pictured added on this post thread) would not return as chief, appointing Emmett Shear as interim CEO.

Shortly after, Microsoft revealed they intended to hire Sam Altman and OpenAI's president, Greg Brockman, to lead an advanced research lab."

The-War-Between-OpenAI-And-Microsoft-Took-A-Dramatic-Turn.jpg

Back then, the OpenAI board cited Sam Altman's behavior and lack of transparency for his removal, while Microsoft expressed enthusiasm for the duo's innovation pace in tech, establishing their group as an independent entity.

Just earlier this morning (Toady), OpenAI announced that Altman is returning and the new board will be comprised of Bret Taylor (chair), Larry Summers, and Adam D'Angelo. D'Angelo is the only member who was on the previous board that decided to drop Sam Altman.

OpenAI wrote this on their X_Twitter page, "We have reached an agreement in principle for Sam Altman to return to OpenAI as CEO with a new initial board of Bret Taylor (Chair), Larry Summers, and Adam D'Angelo. We are collaborating to figure out the details. Thank you so much for your patience through this.

As I noted the other day, this is a fight for the present and the future, as the AI Technology war continues. AI is and will completely transform how we do things. It's a multi-billion-dollar industry, and the battle for the future is playing out right before our very eyes. Right before you and I and in a few years to come, just the same way Google Won the war of Search engine directories about two decades ago.

No one knows yet, among the giant companies and up springing AI Tech industries who among them is going to win the future tech war, but time will tell in a few years from now... Join World Socio here for more incetinve