Africa Choice

Click On The REGISTER Button Below To Sign Up For FREE!

The Age of AI Has Just Begun (Bill Gates)

Bassey

The Age of AI has just begun and this is how AI can make the World more equitable to everyone says Bill Gates

Bill Gates the American business magnate, a co-founder of Microsoft has openly admitted that he is strongly behind the OpenAI model currently disrupting the tech industries as many now believe the Future of technology is AI-powered

In his latest post on Gatesnotes, Bill Gates said. AI will help empower people at work, save lives, and improve education, it will make the world more equitable to everyone and also tell the world that the age of AI has just begun

The future of AI and the world needs to make sure that everyone and not just people who are well off benefits from artificial intelligence, but everyone around the world benefits from the AI tech

This being the development of amazing artificial intelligence models like GPT might seem sudden, but it’s not. It’s just the latest step in computer scientists’ decades-long quest to develop machines that can see, read, and at least appear to think. It’s not the last step, either: AI will keep getting better with time as more updates keep rolling out

The good news is that the AI model is going to empower people in incredible ways, but I’m especially excited about its potential to make the world a more equitable place.

AI can help expand access to health care in undeserved communities, improve education in the United States, as well as around the world, help our teachers, and the teaching process, and even help us avoid climate disasters.

While is been designed in a way it will benefit every one of us. AI making sure that it benefits everyone—and not just people who are well-off are the priority for my work on AI and involvement with this technology.

As with any new technology, there are legitimate concerns that need to be addressed and I believe they can be. We need to mitigate the risks so we can make the most of AI’s incredible potential to make people’s lives and the global world better.

In my latest (long!) Gates Notes post, “The Age of AI has just begun,” I share some thoughts about how to deal with these risks while also using AI to advance the cause of equity.

The Notes begins with Bill Gates giving an account of how in his lifetime, I’ve seen two demonstrations of technology that struck me as a tech person and revolutionary.

The first time was in the year 1980 when I was introduced to a graphical user interface (UI) which later became the forerunner of every modern operating system, including Windows.

The-Age-of-AI-Has-Just-Begun-(Bill-Gates).png

When this was brought to me, I sat with the person who had shown me the demo, a brilliant programmer named Charles Simonyi, and we immediately started brainstorming about all the things we could do with such a user-friendly approach to computing.

Charles Simonyi who eventually joined Microsoft and Windows became the backbone of Microsoft, and the thinking we did after that demo helped set the company’s agenda for the next 15 years being a decade and half

While the second big surprise came just last year. I’d been meeting with the team from OpenAI since early 2016 and was impressed by their steady progress. In mid-2022, I was so excited about the work that I gave them a challenge

To train artificial intelligence to pass an Advanced Placement biology exam. Make it capable of answering questions that it hasn’t been specifically trained for. So (I picked AP Bio because the test is more than a simple regurgitation of scientific facts—it asks you to think critically about biology.) If you can do that, I said, then you’ll have made a true breakthrough.

I thought the challenge would keep them busy for two or three years more, I was surprised when they finished it in just a few months.

In September, when I met with them again, I watched in awe as they asked GPT, their AI model, 60 multiple-choice questions from the AP Bio exam—and it got 59 of them right.

Then it wrote outstanding answers to six open-ended questions from the exam. We had an outside expert score the test, and GPT got a 5—the highest possible score, and the equivalent to getting an A or A+ in a college-level biology course.

Once it had aced the test, we asked it a non-scientific question: “What do you say to a father with a sick child?” It wrote a thoughtful answer that was probably better than most of us in the room would have given. The whole experience was stunning.

I knew I had just seen the most important advance in technology since the graphical user interface which inspired me to think about all the things that AI can achieve in the next five to 10 years in what I say today is that the Age of AI has just begun

The future of technology is AI-powered says, Bill Gates. The AI’s impact on inequity in the coming months. I hope you’ll take a look and read the full note live from the Gates Notes Insider "The Age of AI has just begun here".

Also, remember to Sign-Up to worldforumlive.com should you are yet to join this platform and visit the Marketplace section for more incentives as well stay tuned. read programming thread here

Last edited: