Africa Choice

Click On The REGISTER Button Below To Sign Up For FREE!

Queen Elizabeth I (The Virgin Queen)

Watson

What most people don't know about Queen Elizabeth I. That she assumed the rule of the queen as a virgin and remain a virgin for years

Now Here Is The Story About Queen Elizabeth I 'The Virgin Queen'' You Will Love To Know
Queen Elizabeth 1, was born on 7 September 1533 at the Palace of Placentia, she reign as the Queen of England and Ireland from 17 November 1558 to 1603

Her reign ended after she died in 1603. Though she was the last of the five House of Tudor monarchs, well referred to as the ''Virgin Queen''. She was one of England's most famous and influential historical figures. She was the daughter of Henry VIII. As said earlier, she ascended to the throne in 1558.

As the queen of England during the Elizabethan Era, Queen Elizabeth I ushered in a period of peace and prosperity unparalleled in English history. Though she faced numerous challenges due to religious disputes, her strong leadership allowed her to overcome them with poise and grace.

Queen Elizabeth The Virgin Queen And Finding A Husband
Then, when Queen Elizabeth I ascended the throne of England, there was much to do about her finding a husband. The issue was debated in Parliament and was the main topic of conversation among Englishmen of all classes then.

They often disagreed as to whom she should marry, they tried to match a husband for her, as everyone thought she should marry as soon as possible, for a queen must have a king and must bear heirs for the kingdom she leads.

The debates about her having a husband ''The King'' raged on for years, while she remained a virgin Queen. Meanwhile, the most handsome and eligible bachelors in the realm, Sir Robert Dudley, the Earl of Essex, and Sir Walter Raleigh, vied for Elizabeth's hand in marriage.

She did not discourage them too, neither did she seem to be in hurry to accept any of them, and her hints as to which man might be her favorite often contradicted each other.

Fast forward to early 1566, Parliament sent a delegation to Queen Elizabeth I, urging her to marry before she was too old to bear children. She did not argue with them, nor did she discourage the delegation, but she remained a virgin nonetheless.

The delicate game that Elizabeth played with her suitors slowly made her the subject of innumerable sexual fantasies and the object of cultish worship.

Queen-Elizabeth-I-(The-Virgin-Queen).jpg

Ever since her reign, a lot has been written, acted, and featured in movies about her, some interesting, few very funny

The court physician Simon Forman used his diary to describe his dreams of deflowering her. Painters represented her as Diana and other goddesses.

The poet Edmund Spencer and others also wrote eulogies to Queen Elizabeth I ''The Virgin Queen''. She was referred to as the world's Empress, that virtuous Virgo, who rules the world and sets the stars in motion.

In conversation with her, her many male suitors would employ bold sexual innuendo, a dare that Elizabeth did not discourage. She did all she could to stir their interest and simultaneously keep them at bay.

Throughout Europe, kings and princes knew that a marriage with Elizabeth would seal an alliance between England and any nation. The king of Spain wooed her, as did the Prince of Sweden and the archduke of Austria. She politely refused them all.

The great diplomatic issue of Elizabeth's day was posed by the revolt of the Flemish and Dutch lowlands, which were then possessions of Spain.

Should England break its alliance with Spain and choose France as its main ally on the continent, thereby encouraging Flemish and Dutch independence?

By 1570, it had come to seem that an alliance with France would be England's wisest course. France had two eligible men of noble blood the dukes of Anjou and Alençon, brothers of the French king. Would either of them marry Elizabeth?

Both had advantages, and Elizabeth kept the hopes of both alive. The issue simmered for years. The Duke of Anjou made several visits to England, kissed Elizabeth in public, and even called her by pet names. She appeared to requite his affections.

Meanwhile, as she flirted with the two brothers, a treaty was signed that sealed peace between France and England.

By 1582, Elizabeth felt she could break off the courtship. In the case of the Duke of Anjou, in particular, she did so with great relief. For the sake of diplomacy, she had allowed herself to be courted by a man whose presence she could not stand and whom she found physically repulsive. Once peace between France and England was secure, she dropped the unctuous duke as politely as she could.

By this time, Elizabeth was too old to bear children. She was accordingly able to live the rest of her life as she desired, and she died the Virgin Queen.

She left no direct heir but ruled through a period of incomparable peace and cultural fertility, Robert Greene writes in his spectacular audiobook, The 48 Laws of Power.

He adds, "Do not commit to anyone but be courted by all. If you allow people to feel they possess you to any degree, you lose all power over them. By not committing your affection, they will only try harder to win you over. Stay aloof and you gain the power that comes from their attention and frustrated desire.

Should you can; if you can try to play the virgin queen? Give them hope, but never satisfied." Join Worldforumlive here for more thread. Cheers

Last edited: