Africa Choice

Click On The REGISTER Button Below To Sign Up For FREE!

Pay N30m or I'll kill 300 people - Terror kingpin issues 14-day ultimatum to Zamfara State Govt over murder of his bride by vigilantes

Harnie Gold

Screenshot_2022-04-17-16-05-12-19.jpg

Nasanda, a notorious Zamfara bandit, has threatened to kill 300 people in the Northwest state over the death of his bride, her uncle and aunt whom he allegedly was killed by some vigilante men in the state.

In an audio message which is currently going round in the state, the bandit leader who demanded for thirty million naira, said that he was been realistic by asking for thirty million naira compensation rather than asking for fifty million naira which would have been the case, if he was greedy.

Nasanda's supposed audio message:

“I am not giving months, but 14 days, for my demands to be met. And we will not attack until when people are on their farms. If our Fulani people are not allowed to live in peace, we will also not allow others to live in peace,” he said.

“If the government can’t pay the money, I will do what I am used to. That is I will take the life of 300 people to avenge the death of my bride and two of her relations. Yes, the lives of 900 will be in danger.”

Nasanda, gave a 14-day ultimatum to the state government to pay 30 million naira as compensation for the life of the deceased persons and the failure of the government to comply, would lead to the killing of 300 citizens of the states.

But according to a statement released by the Special Adviser on Media and Communication, Zailani Bappa, on Thursday, the state government said it was adopting a new approach and strategy in combating the menace.

In the statement, the government made it clear that, “we are not going to rest on our oars and watch the situation go from bad to worse.

“The government is very concerned with the rate at which the criminals are launching a comeback, but assured that new tactics and strategy are being employed to deal with the trend.”
Screenshot_2022-04-17-16-06-16-11.jpg

However, as of the time of filing this report, the police or the state government were yet to release a statement over the threats.