Africa Choice

Click On The REGISTER Button Below To Sign Up For FREE!

Our intimacy with God—His highest priority for our lives—determines the impact of our lives.

mrwil65

I was just reading Proverbs. While reading the Scriptures, I stumbled on Proverbs 17:22. At that moment my mind started racing about my life.

In Proverbs 17:22, it tells us that We need to enjoy life while we work and perform the things we think we are supposed to do each day. Proverbs 17:22 teaches us that happiness in our hearts is like a good medicine.

Because my childhood was stolen from me through abuse, I never learned to be childlike. I never learned to "lighten up" and "live a little." I was so serious that I thought I should not have anything to do with things I considered to be "frivolous." I was always uptight about everything, and I rarely laughed because I was so busy working and taking life seriously. On the other hand, my brother, Josh, is the type who enjoys life regardless of what is going on around him. Although I may never have the ability to be just like he is because of the differences in our personalities, I have learned I can be much happier and more lighthearted than I used to be.

As ministers of the gospel, they have a huge responsibility. They have to work hard at what they have been called to do, and they love it. I really do enjoy what I do. But if I am not careful, I can become stressed and burned out. That is why I have to make an effort to apply to my life verses such as Proverbs 17:22 and develop a happy heart and a cheerful mind.

You and I need a balance of fun and responsibility. If we are not emotionally balanced, our entire lives will be affected. I truly believe if we do not learn to laugh more, we will get into trouble because, as the Bible teaches, a happy heart is like medicine. There have been many articles written in recent years stating that medical science now confirms that laughter can be instrumental in bringing healing to the body. Laughter is like internal jogging, it exercises our souls, bringing health to them.

We need to find more humor in our everyday lives. We ought to laugh at ourselves, not take ourselves too seriously. We all need to laugh more and sometimes we need to do it on purpose. Remember, a happy heart is good medicine!