Africa Choice

Click On The REGISTER Button Below To Sign Up For FREE!

Living Together Cohabiting Before Marriage Is Good: Simi

Yes, I support cohabitation before marriage, I do not only support it, I cohabited before I got married to Adekunle Gold.- Simi

You must agree with me today that most broken home and high rates of divorce across the world is attributed to people of our time who have seen living together and cohabiting before marriage as sinful, thereby failing to cohabit

People think, living together before marriage is a sin and evil, whereas, living together, and cohabiting can save the world from the high rate of divorce cases and broken marriages we are witnessing today

I know of some friends of mine, who got married, did all kinds of marriages, church weddings, court wedding, and formal African traditional marriages but sadly went their separate ways just three months later

Now imagine if this couple, or couples have lived together for some time before marriage, if they cohabited for some time, it possible they would not have gotten married in the first place

These and many reasons are why I said, and I believe that is better to live together and cohabit before you marry, please don't quote me wrong or miss twist my point

These are the opinions of the Nigerian Afrobeat artiste Simisola Kosoko, popularly known as Simi, as she declared her support for couples who are living together before marriage

In her choice of words, she said, cohabiting before marriage is good, saying it is a means to better understand one another and see if you and your supposed partner can live together in marriage forever

Speaking on the latest episode of the Tea With Tay Podcast, the singer-songwriter and mother elaborated on her stance, drawing from her personal experience with her husband, Adekunle Gold.

Simi disclosed that she and Adekunle Gold had chosen to live together before tying the knot, a decision she believes contributed to their deeper understanding of each other, giving room to their today happy home and progressing family build-ups

Yes, we did live together for some time before marriage, then “I used to go over to Adekunle Gold’s place for us to spend quality time together, he sometimes use to come to my place”. we did almost everything married couples used to do

While acknowledging that many couples have successfully married without prior cohabitation, living together. Simi expressed her belief that living together enlightens the intending couples on how to navigate their relationship and when marriage comes, how to build up successfully

She concluded by advocating for a period of living together, and cohabitation before marriage, albeit noting that the duration need not be extensive.

“I think that… Maybe I shouldn’t share this opinion because I feel like religious people might not agree with me, a lot of them will disagree with me, but let me still share it.

I think that people who want to get married should live together for a little bit before they do that. Because I don’t think you know someone that you’re going to marry until you cohabit, live together for some time.

The way someone is when they are outside on their best behavior is different from how they are when they are cranky and they haven’t eaten when they wake up in the morning or when they are snoring.

“When you live with someone you know all the sides to them, that is when you know if you can do forever with them or not, millions of people have gotten married without living together and later go their separate ways. But I think it’s a good idea to cohabit before marriage. It doesn’t have to be for.

Should you yet to join Africa Choice, Sign Up for Africa Social Media Forum & Marketplace for more incentives. Stay on

Living-Together-Cohabiting-Before-Marriage-Is-Good,-Simi.jpg