Africa Choice

Click On The REGISTER Button Below To Sign Up For FREE!

Jesus Never Fails.

mrwil65

For the very first time, I sat down and watched the DVD "Roots". I've never seen the mini-series, however I've only read the book by the same name by author Alex Haley. While watching the movie with countless Hollywood actors, my eyes were glued to the set. I couldn't believe all the hatred, the name - calling, and whip beatings each slave took. After watching the complete series, I turned to my bible and read passages that felt appropriate to the movie itself.

My late daughter Sydney loved everyone she met. She never knew a stranger. Before the tragic fire that took place in our home, Sydney told me that she met a very nice girl in school. This little girl however was in trouble at school. Sydney seen the entire scene that took place.

These kids picked on the girl because of her color. Called her names, everything you couldn't imagine. Sydney stepped up to help her out, told those kids off, brought the girl to our house and treated her to ice cream and cookies and had her spend the night. If that not love, then what is? If everyone treats someone the way that Jesus wanted us to, we all would be friends and not enemies to a lot of people.

The day Syd died from smoke inhalation, I really wanted to yell at God and treat Him as my worst enemy. But I didn't one time. I remember reading the Book of Job. In Jobs story, Job lost everything, wife, children etc., but Job did not give up at all. l will never give up believing in my Father. What happened, happened. I can't change it and I can't replace Sydney but I can thank God that she is with her mother in Heaven. There is a story about everyone of us, however, can you think how many times you gave up or just thanked God for allowing his arms wrapped around you telling you "I love you".

Last edited by a moderator:

Watson

Hearing that Sydney pass on broke my heart, am so so sorry to hear this @mrwil65 Sir Andrew. From personal experience i know such memories will stay with you and in the heart of everyone that loves Sydney

My deep condolences to you, your family and her loves ones she left behind, we can't question God but to submit to His will, in thanks and worship, Sydney is right with God helper at the moment. May She continue to Rest In The Lord, in Jesus name

My condolences. Please