Africa Choice

Click On The REGISTER Button Below To Sign Up For FREE!

IF YOU WANT TO PASS JAMB THIS YEAR, DO THIS

Harnie Gold

Screenshot_2022-01-25-12-58-23-66.jpg

The Joint Admissions and Matriculation Board (JAMB), has announced that the registration for the Unified Tertiary Matriculation Examination and the Direct Entry examination will commence by February 12, 2022.

“UTME/DE registration starts 12th February 2022 and ends 19th March 2022. The board added that the Mock examination holds on 20th April 2022 while the UTME holds from 20th to 30th April 2022."

Thousands and millions of students will apply for this examination but unfortunately, very few compared the the number of students that registered for this examination will be successful and selected.

After you have successfully completed your registration for JAMB, you do not have to go home and sleep on your king-size bed. If you must come out with flying colors, you must the needful. Registering for JAMB early, is not a licence for a high score.

In this post, I will share three tips on how successful scale through in JAMB examination with a very high score.

HAVE A TARGET

A man without a target shots aimlessly and will hit at nothing because he aimed at nothing. Every student that must succeed in their academic pursuit, must have an aim.

You know your academic capability more than anyone else. So, before the day of the examination,decide with you want your score to be. If you have a poor academic record, don't be scared to have a high score target but you will be required to make greater study sacrifice than your mates. And, if you have an excellent academic record, that is very good and should not be an excuse to relax rather you must use it to your advantage to achieve your target.

Having a jamb high score places you at an advantage over other applicants. No school rejects a student with a very high that is why, your target must be very high.

Write your target on a paper. Place it anywhere around your study area where you can see it. Look at it as often as possible, spoke positive words concerning it and put in the work required to make it a reality.

Remember the popular cliché,he who fails to plan, plans to fail. Your target is a part of your plan. The way you prepare for any exam will determine the way you will pass or fail the exam.

USE RELEVANT TEXT FOR YOUR PREPARATION

Studying is very good. But studying with the relevant text yields excellent results and eliminates frustration in the examination hall. For instance, literature students have recommended JAMB novels which are quite different from NECO and WAEC novels. If you registered for literature, ensure you read the novels and buy textbooks that will help in analysing the novels for easy understanding.

Also, using past question papers are not optional as it have be proven that so many questions are repeated regularly. Past questions, also helps you to know what to expect and gives you an idea on how the body (JAMB), sets their examination.

Instead of spending buying clothes and gadgets to use in school as some students do, use it to buy data and subscribe to online tutorials in addition to other offline classes you are involved in.

DO NOT DEPEND ON MALPRACTICE

Believe it or not, several students fail JAMB each year because of over dependence on malpractice.

Let me share my experience with you. When I wrote JAMB for the first, someone I met at my centre and got talking with, and exchanged phone numbers with, give me answers to type A questions on my registered subjects and I went into the examination hall with it. Fortunately for me, I was giving the same type A question papers but to my greatest surprise, I found out to most of the answers were wrong and I had to discard the piece of paper I went in with and I decided to write what I knew. Besides, I never had it in mind to engage in malpractice before the person that actually gave me the supposed answer did. Then we had to wait for a week or so, to checkout results because it was not CBT. But when the result come out, I was scared to check my results because my expo supplier even with the help of his expo failed(made 150 below) and I was scared because I didn't use anything. When I finally checked my result, I made 256. Imagine if I did not read and had depended on that stupid expo.

Why have I told you this long story? I want to make you understand that JAMB is very easy when you prepare for it very well. I am very sure expo have contributed to more failure than success be wise.

You can score 200 and above if you study well without committing examination malpractice.