Africa Choice

Click On The REGISTER Button Below To Sign Up For FREE!

Halloween costumes.

mrwil65

On October 31st, children & most adults celebrate Halloween. But what is it about Halloween that makes it fun? The scary movies, the candy, the costumes? One out of three, I would pick the costumes. I remember before I was married, I went to the Mass at our Catholic Church. After Mass, I went downstairs to the children's bible study to teach the students. This was the Sunday of Halloween. However, I was surprised that the students taught me. All the students who were aged 10 & under were wearing there costumes. These costumes were not Darth Vader, Superman, Wonder Woman, etc..these costumes to my surprise were the costumes their parents handmade of the Catholic Saints and other biblical heroes. During the hour of class, these students told me what each costume was and who they represented. Such as Saints Dominic Salvo, Carlo Acutis, Joseph the Carpenter, Mary the Mother of Jesus. Plus to my surprise there was a 8 month old the 10 - year - old girl who dressed as Mary was holding dressed as baby Jesus, plus others who really made our Savior Jesus Christ very happy as well as the Catholic Church. After class the Priest wanted the children who were dressed up and I to come to the Altar and he had me discuss what the children were dressed as and what they represented. That Sunday really made the congregations Sunday very different. That night they walked to the houses for trick-or-treat to show off their costumes, and came to my Apartment and everyone of those children thanked me with open arms and hugs.