Africa Choice

Click On The REGISTER Button Below To Sign Up For FREE!

Geoffrey Hinton The Godfather Of AI Technology Quits Google (Warns The World On The Danger Ahead)

Joe

BREAKING: Geoffrey Hinton The Godfather Of AI Technology Quits Google (Warns The World On The Danger Ahead)

Both Elon Musk and now Geoffrey Hinton fear that AI Model will crush humanity in the coming years but has recently said that the AI technology their early supported, and invested heavily in is never a good idea, as it endangers mankind and will crush humanity if proactive measures are not taken: Click Here To Sign Up To This Platform and continue reading this thread, also have the ability to join conversation, create your own thread, make post and be read all over the world

Both warnings are instructive and timely, as many people agree that AI technology should have some control over what level the AI robot can go as Frankenstein Monsters are possible in due course

AI Robots are getting so advanced in later days and here the co-creator and Godfather Geoffrey Hinton is sounding a warning to the world that if nothing is done about the growing artificial intelligence (AI) operations the future may be disastrous

The news about Geoffrey Hinton quitting Google and sounding the warning has gone viral, before he quit Google, Geoffrey Hinton was widely seen as the godfather of artificial intelligence (AI) though he has now quit his job, warning about the growing dangers of developments in the field.

Geoffrey Hinton a 75-year-old British-Canadian cognitive psychologist and computer scientist, most noted for his work on artificial neural networks announced his resignation from Google in a statement to the New York Times, saying he now regretted his work in the AI tech

Geoffrey-Hinton-The-Godfather-Of-AI-Technology-Quits-Google.png

He also told the BBC News and other notable press, some of the dangers of AI chatbots were "quite scary" in his citing, "Right now, AI's they're not more intelligent than us the humans, but I guarantee you will be more intelligent than humans soon

Dr. Hinton also accepted that his age had played into his decision to leave the Google tech giant, telling the BBC and New York Times reporters: "I'm 75, so it's time to retire, go home, and rest."

Dr. Hinton's pioneering research on neural networks and deep learning has paved the way for current AI tech systems like ChatGPT, Bards, and many others

In artificial intelligence, neural networks are systems that are similar to the human brain in the way they, gather, store, learn, and process information. They enable AIs to learn from experience, as a person would undergo. This they call deep learning

Geoffrey Hinton a British-Canadian cognitive psychologist and computer scientist told the press the chatbot could soon overtake the level of information that a human brain holds.

"Right now, what we're seeing is things like GPT-4 eclipses a person in the amount of general knowledge it has and it eclipses them by a long way. In terms of reasoning, it's not as good as the world has embraced it, but it does already do simple reasoning," he said.

"And given the rate of progress, we expect things to get better quite fast. So we need to worry about that." we all need to be worried about AI technology and the danger it poses to mankind

In the New York Times article, Dr. Hinton referred to "bad actors" as the Godfather of the AI model who would try to use AI for "bad things". But when asked by the BBC to elaborate on this, he replied: "This is just a kind of worst-case scenario, kind of a nightmare scenario you know

"You can imagine, for example, some bad actor like [Russian President Vladimir] Putin decided to give robots the ability to create their sub-goals." and proceed to use it negatively. The scientist warned that this eventually might "create sub-goals like 'I need to get more power and more and more powers'".

He added: "I've concluded that the kind of intelligence we're developing is very different from the intelligence we have, I can tell you I regretted this model of tech

"We're biological systems, but these AI are digital systems. And the big difference is that with digital systems, you have many copies of the same set of weights, the same model of the world, and so forth

The sad part is that all these copies of AI can learn separately but share their knowledge instantly. So it's as if you had 10,000 people and whenever one person learned something, everybody automatically knew it, you can tell how ChatGPT and rest have kept up updating their model after one model updates to others, all copies and that's how these chatbots can know so much more than any one person."

Following this development Matt Clifford, the chairman of the UK's Advanced Research and Invention Agency, speaking in a personal capacity, told the BBC that Dr. Hinton's announcement "underlines the rate at which AI capabilities are accelerating". "There's an enormous upside from this technology, but it's essential that the world invests heavily and urgently in AI safety and control," he said.

Responsible approach
Dr. Hinton stressed that he did not want to criticize Google and that the tech giant had been "very responsible". over the years and "I will like to say some good things about Google, to me Google is more credible if I don't work for Google." I can't say bad things about the Tech giant

In a statement, Google's chief scientist Jeff Dean said: "We remain committed to a responsible approach to AI. We're continually learning to understand emerging risks while also innovating boldly." Sign Up for this platform, also read more AI technology threads here and Checkout the Marketplace