Africa Choice

Click On The REGISTER Button Below To Sign Up For FREE!

Fire at Springfield apartment complex displaces 32 residents.

mrwil65

I'm going to try to catch some news in Springfield IL. I mean as the event occurs, as the following story did yesterday, I'm going to visualize it with lots of focusing and start writing about the story in a notebook, Plus the photo. However, I'm going solo and share them with worldforumlive.com. A good reporter doesn't get great stories, a good reporter makes them great. ~ Andy Wilson

The following true story occurred on Thurs. night Aug. 25, 2022., at 10:47 pm.

On August 03, 2018., 2 years after losing Dorothy, I moved to an Apartment Complex. My Apartment means so much to me. However, A fire at the apartment complex Thursday night displaced more than 30 people. The Springfield Fire Department was called to the scene of the blaze at our apartment at 10:47 p.m., according to a department report. En route, firefighters were informed that children were possibly trapped inside Apartment G where the fire began, with fire coming from the second floor of the building. Apartment G is located above my apartment. Fire crews were sent inside shortly after arrival. All residents were accounted for and secondary searches found no additional victims. One child had an ankle injury that was treated at the scene.
All 32 people living in the complex were displaced, as well as me. It is unknown when we will be able to move back in. Fire
investigators are currently examining what led to the blaze. However, according to police, arson is the cause. Today I paid to stay for one week at the Lincoln Lodge here in the Springfield hotel till next Friday. I've also had water damage on some items, plus I received word this afternoon that I will be able to get free clothes at the Thrift Center.

photos taken by Andy Wilson via smartphone)
Screenshot_20220826-011315.png
IMG_20220825_234604.jpg

Last edited: