Africa Choice

Click On The REGISTER Button Below To Sign Up For FREE!

EVEN THOUGH

mrwil65

Though the fig tree may not blossom, nor fruit be on the vines; though the labor of the olive may fail, and the fields yield no food; though the flock may be cut off from the fold, and there be no herd in the stalls—yet I will rejoice in the Lord, I will [find] joy in the God of my salvation.
Habakkuk 3:17-18

Every Christian could paraphrase Habakkuk’s words. We have all been in situations where God seems to be absent from our need. The question is, What do we do then? Do we give up on God, or do we praise Him “even though”?
That must have been how Joshua felt when God told him (paraphrasing), “Lead the Israelites into Canaan, drive out the pagan inhabitants, and secure the land as a homeland for My people.” But then God gave Joshua the key to accomplishing his assignment: “The Lord your God is with you wherever you go.” God promised Joshua he would not be alone. And that promise applies to us as well. We are not alone when we set out on our seemingly impossible tasks either.

God does not commission us without the promise of His presence and provision. We only have to be “strong and of good courage.”