Africa Choice

Click On The REGISTER Button Below To Sign Up For FREE!

Dorothy Lee Porter - Wilson; A Warm Tribute.

mrwil65

Dorothy Lee Porter - Wilson
Feb. 15, 1962 - July 8, 2016
Commitment Ceremony:
May 28, 2005 -
18 Years

If I had a remembrance book, I would tell each of you Dorothy's story. However, throughout "the good, the bad and the ugly" years, there were struggles in Dorothy's life. Someone once asked me if I was going to write a memoir of her life. That will not happen as I've kept her memories tucked away through my thoughts. I wanted to share a little bit of Dorothy's life to those who knew her. Dorothy Lee Porter was born to Dale & Mary Ann Porter in Highland, IL. 3 Sisters, 2 Brothers. She was a student of Sunnyside Center for most of her life, and proudly graduated in 1983.
She touched so many lives in her journey. Dorothy met and bonded with the lives of so many at Sunnyside Center and formed life-long friendships. She was formerly employed with Steak & Shake in Decatur, and was a Teachers Aide for Sunnyside Center, Pershing School as well as Harris School. She joined other friends with the musical singing group “Heart and Soul” at Central Christian Church, where she was a featured soloist singing “Jesus Loves Me.” Heart and Soul was truly one of her passions. She loved the nurses and staff with Decatur’s Cancer Care Center after her diagnosis in 2006. She formed lasting relationships with them and loved to participate in the “Relay for Life” where she was part of the relay team. Dorothy truly was a cancer survivor which she battled for 10 years. She fought a valiant fight. Dorothy also was a very eager helper in the office at First Christian Church, an attendant with communion, and greeter with the church.
She blessed so many lives; and to this day, Dorothy is blessed for eternity in the splendor of Heaven where I’m sure she is attending to the needs of others and taking care of those little ones. I still miss you, Dorothy, and am looking forward to that great reunion where you will have been made whole. Dorothy did not know a stranger, she loved life, animals, and every thing around her. She also enjoyed my family. Dorothy was a star on Earth, and will remain a star in Heaven.

Reactions: Joe

Joe

Our loved ones will forever live in our hearts, of our souls. Please Andrew Wilson accept my condolences to your family, to the family of Dorothy and her loves one. My condolences please and Keep resting @Dorothy Lee Porter. Keep resting in the Lord..

mrwil65

Your too kind Joe. Thank you so very much. I always keep her memory alive and will continue till the day we meet again. God bless you!

Reactions: Joe

Joe

Your too kind Joe. Thank you so very much. I always keep her memory alive and will continue till the day we meet again. God bless you!
So touching. she lives on in the heart and souls of those that loves her. Is nice learning she lives on in you. Keep staying strong for her.