Africa Choice

Click On The REGISTER Button Below To Sign Up For FREE!

10 Ways To Stay Alive, Live Healthier, and Longer

Watson

Here Are 10 Ways To Stay Alive, Live Healthier, and Longer

You and I knew health is wealth and living longer and healthier is a goal that most people strive for, as it allows us to have more time to spend with our loved ones and pursue our dreams.

Health is indeed wealth, but sad to say not everyone is that healthy, the question now is how can we achieve healthier living, stay alive and live longer? here I have listed 10 tips on how to stay alive and live a healthier and longer life Starting with tips number one: Do not rush out of a bathroom

1. Do not rush out of a bathroom: Please do not rush out of the slippery bathroom to pick up your calls do not rush out from the bathroom as this alone can put you in danger

Always cultivate the habit of making your phone ring out but don't be in a rush to pick it up when you are in the bathroom, allow the call to drop, then when you are gently out of the bathroom, you can then return the missed call

Sadly to say many people have rushed out of the bathroom and fallen damaging their brains, on a second note Airtime is cheaper than brain surgery. Many have slipped, slumped, and died from hurried foolishness.

10 Ways To Stay Alive, Live Healthier, and Longer.png

There is no real emergency in minutes. Finish up, clean up, and call back. Unless you are holding another's kidney, nothing is that urgent to attend to immediately, that you can't attend to after 5 minutes.

From the day I fell and almost broke my waist, trying to pick up a business call, even if the Secretary General of the United Nations is calling me whilst I am having my bath, it will ring out and I will call back afterward.

Obedience as the Bible say is better than sacrilege. Every sense of urgency dies when you die. You can treat broken legs, and broken hands and live with an amputated limb, but not an amputated or broken head. Sign Up to worldforumlive here and continue reading this thread "10 ways to stay alive, live healthier and longer" Also read health thread here

Last edited:

Watson

2. Avoid Bath tubs if you can, especially if you are growing older: That exciting luxury can end your life. Many deaths at the 'hands' of slips in Bathtubs go unrecorded and are passed off as 'natural' deaths from slumps. Shower in your glass cubicle or get coarse mats within and without for stability. Don't buy a luxury that will end your life

Buy a foot mat for your bathroom door and/or have two slippers in the bathroom. Always ensure one is dry and don't wear the wet one on slippery tiles, lest you fall. This is more important for elderly people. Age is no longer on the side of your agility. Don't kill yourself, this is an important tip to healthy living

3. Ensure you use quality materials and competent Engineers and Artisans for your residential and commercial building projects: Don't use shortcuts, don't save money today, and die tomorrow. 'I can do it all by myself' has grave consequences.

Buildings don't just collapse and fall, they are consequences of bad execution, poor choices, and structural failure occasioned by corner-cutting, clever-by-half homeowners and builders.

The story of the Professor whose loosely fitted living room's heavy chandelier fell on and killed on the day of his inaugural lecture can't leave my head in a hurry. If they charge peanuts, what more proof do you need that they are monkeys? Pay more and engage core professionals

4. Don't embark on meaningless journeys: Journeys are riskier on that carnage we call Nigerian roads and it's more dangerous with the specks of highway robbery and kidnapping experienced on lonely Nigerian roads.

Only travel If it is necessary. Do not honor every one invitation. How do you explain in hell that you died en route to going to a party that doesn't concern you? The best way to know if you should attend an event is this- Will it go on if you are there or not? If you die on the way- Will they stop the event in your honor? Will your contribution via cash transfer not be more beneficial to the celebrants than your lousy presence?

Days when one's presence at an event is over, today you can attend an event on social media, by sending the celebrant goodwill messages, etc

Some went to an event just to eat and drink, then one may ask. Have I not eaten party jollof before? Can you attend every event? You are not Elshaddai, if you try to please everyone, you may end up de-please yourself

Last edited:

Watson

5. Change the rickety tyres of your vehicles if you must travel: I always advise car owners to buy new tyres no matter how inconvenient they may be. A small car with new tyres is better than a big car with Tokunbo tyres.

Possibly sell your car If you can't afford viable tyres. Your life is not negotiable. Risking your life on something less than 100,000 In West Africa Nigeria's naira currency is plain foolishness.

If you can afford the car, then, you can afford brand-new tyres. Dead people don't spend money. To be penny-wise and pound-foolish is celebrated mediocrity. Don't patronize Tokunbo Tyre. There are more lives lost to burst Tokunbo tyres in West Africa Nigeria is dangerous.

Remember to Kill your speed limit when driving, speed kills. In the unlikely event that your Tokunbo tyre bursts on the highway at top speed, do us a favor so you can survive the accident, limit your speed, please

And DON'T ever apply the breaks in panic, lest your vehicle do multiple somersaults and some overzealous commuters will upload the pictures of your shattered and charred remains on Facebook to get likes and comments.

Kindly decelerate and control the wheels till you reach a safe anchor to park. You are not James Bond. Don't kill yourself.

6. Don't board motorcycles at all If you can avoid them, your body is its body. If you must, wear your helmet. Use tricycles and car-hailing services and seat in front to reduce the risk of harm or ambush. Stop forming luxury in a rented taxi, you are not made yet.

Ever wondered why there are no patients with head injuries and fractured skulls from Okada accidents in the accident and emergency wards of hospitals? It's because they don't get to the hospital. It's instant death! Once your head hits the tar, it smashes. It's welcome to paradise or the other side.

Watson

7. Don't talk carelessly about your fortune in armed robbers' likely havens like pubs and hotels: A fool's mouth is his cemetery, he who keeps his mouth shut, preserves his life. Avoid cash-based conversations in the presence of your drivers and other domestic aides.

Armed robbery is an organized crime carefully orchestrated based on insider information. No sane robber will risk his life in uncertainty. Don't let the information out cheaply. Stop night crawling like ghosts. The night knows not an Honourable. Don't live always like a night owl. Let your children know your true complexion. Don't leave at dawn only to return at dusk always. Nightcrawlers are often prone to disaster.

8. Don't drive and drink: And don't drink and drive if you must drive, don't drink, if you must drink, don't drive. Avoid dangerous overtaking in bends and corners. There are too many insane and desperate Drivers on Nigerian roads. When on the road, assume you are the only sane one. Take road safety precautions, and use your seat belt- it saves lives.

9. Don't argue with forced men on the highway and at road checkpoints: When they move you to stop, stop, go, go. Don't be cocky and obstinate. Save your life before your right. Don't claim right in the bush without a witness, lest you get shot.

The dead do not prosecute or argue with the living. I marvel when commuters respect soldiers and treat police officers with disdain. They forget that there are more trigger-happy police officers than trigger-happy soldiers.

Many Nigerian Police officers do not have fire discipline. There are more records of extra-judicial killings by the Police than in the hands of the Army. Don't let an unmotivated, utterly frustrated, psychologically bewitched Police officer kill you because of an N100 bribe, while we are not saying you should bide but you should apply wisdom

10. Don't eat and drink indiscriminately to avoid poisoning: I researched a University and found out 35 Staff of that institution were poisoned in a space of 20 years. Tame your mouth and keep your life. Never leave your food and drinks unattended even in the company of your so-called friends and associates.

Everyone cannot like you, you are not ice cream. Socializing is not a valid excuse to drink to your death and be careless. If only autopsies were taken seriously in Nigeria, you will realize how many unnatural deaths get disguised as 'God's Will'.

Learn to say thank you to most 'Come and Eat'. 'Come and Eat' is a greeting, not an invitation. Eat with decorum and modesty.

Don't eat till you belch like a bull and invite Andrews's liver salt and Gestid to your rescue in the glare of flatulence, constipation, and indigestion on another person's bill. Don't eat anyhow and anywhere lest you eat poison. A man's throat is his sepulcher and snare. Keep it clean. Stay safe, stay healthier, Sign Up to worldforumlive and check out the Marketplace here for more

onyourbike

Thank you for sharing this excellent post on staying healthy and living longer! These tips are simple yet effective ways to take care of ourselves and lead a healthier lifestyle. From getting enough sleep and staying hydrated to staying active and managing stress, it's all about finding a balance that works for each of us.

One tip that I find particularly helpful is to stay active, and biking is a great way to do that. Not only is it a fun and enjoyable form of exercise, but it's also a sustainable and eco-friendly way to get around. If you're looking to get into biking, I highly recommend checking out your local bike shop for advice on the right bike and gear for your needs. Bike shops London are a great resource for both beginners and experienced cyclists, and they can help you find the perfect bike for your budget and lifestyle.

Thanks again for sharing these tips, and here's to a healthier and longer life for all of us!